Saturday, December 21, 2013

HUGHES AUDITORIUM ON THE CAMPUS OF ASBURY UNIVERSITY. THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE PLACES IN ALL THE WORLD TO BE. EACH TIME I VISIT WILMORE, KY. I GO AS QUICKLY AS I CAN TO HUGES TO MEDITATE, TALK TO GOD, LISTEN TO HIM, AND REFLECT ON WHERE I HAVE BEEN IN MY JOURNEY. I ALSO WONDER EACH TIME, WHAT IF MY PATH HAD BEEN DIFFERENT? I DON'T THINK OF THAT TOO LONG, BECAUSE I AM REMINDED OF THE BLKESSING THAT I HAVE BEEN GIVEN ALONG THIS PATH. THE ONLY PATH THAT I WILL HAVE HERE ON EARTH.

1 comment:

  1. I read your little diatribe every week and find that I have to restrain
    myself from responding to your often times absurd views on God.
    I could not do that this week. Your article, referenced above, was so
    far, I would say over the top, but, under the bottom is more appropriate
    if somewhat less familiar, that I had to refresh your memory about your
    God's riches and meeting our needs. I introduce you to Elisabeth Fritzl.
    Her Father kept her in the basement of his Austrian home for 24 years.
    He raped her virtually every day. When she became pregnant, several times,
    he would also rape his own children mothered by his own child. Can you
    even imagine how she prayed? Can you even come close to comprehending
    her anguish and feelings of futility when those prayers went unanswered?
    For 24 years??? Can you imagine a God; an omnipotent, all-loving, God that
    would allow this to happen and then stand, with arms crossed, and watch this horror
    continue and do nothing! NOTHING!

    This is just one of the scenarios that your God permits to continue. There are
    about 9000 children in the world today that will not be here tomorrow because
    of a simple lack of food. No, the frigate bird has a far more complete love
    and sense of duty and responsibility than your God. "My God will meet your every
    need out of his riches." You and I both know that's bullshit! Now, I feel better!

    Good Day,
    Steve Bucy

    ReplyDelete